Do you know that another name for table tennis is ping-pong? This is the kind of sport where two or four players hit a tiny (light-weighted) ball to and fro throughout the table with the aid of small bats. This game usually takes place on a hard table that is divided by a net. Apart from the sign of serve, the rules are normally abide as the players must allow the small ball to be played towards them, bounce once on the table and move to the opponent side of the table and bounce, then return to bounce on the side of the table once again and it goes on like that. The player scores a point when he or she fails to return the ball by abiding to the rules. When the game is played fat, it demands for quick responses.
To buy the table tennis table is not an easy decision more so that there are many options available in the market. This is as a result of various brand and various prices with various quality. Before you invest on table tennis table, you must ensure the table is of good quality, price and brand before finally investing your dime.
How to Know Table Tennis Table of Good Quality
The best way to discover whether a table tennis table is of good feature is the thickness. The thickness ranges from 12mm to 25mm. if it is thicker, then it is of better quality but if it is thinner, it is of worse quality. Make sure you avoid the thin table tennis table top because the ball will not bounce well; table will be flimsy and can easily damage.
Below are the best brands, prices and quality table tennis table:
- STIGA Advantage Competition-Ready indoor Table Tennis Table 95% Preassembled Out of the Box with Easy Attach and Remove Net
This kind of table tennis table comprises of a 5/8” MDF table top that has a heavy duty frame with silk-screen marking and a fast and easy arrangement process. Despite that the STIGA Advantage Table Tennis Table does not have additional features, yet it offers a high playing experience most especially to those with low budget. In fact, this is one of the best sellers in the market at the moment due to the fact that it is very strong and constructed with excellent materials for a beginner’s price.
- Stress free storage
- Net is easy to attach and remove
- Setup is easy
- Playing ability is excellent
- Many coat finish
- Huge construction
- Quality materials
- Lacks any additional features that can enable the entire experience
- Can be shipped without instructions
- Bolts used in construction are not of real quality
- Dimensions: (63 x 56 x 5) inches
- Weight: 190 lbs
- Ever competition-ready which is good for home and office
- 95 percent pre-arranged for easy and fast setup process that can just take 10 minutes
- Moveable and roll table halves without stress by using 3” lockable caster wheels for easy setup and storage
- Connectable and removable net with ease within 72” clamp style net set
- 5/8” thick top with silk screen marking gives superb ability to play
- JOOLA Inside Table Tennis Table with Net Set – Features Quick 10-Min Assembly Playback Mode, Foldable Halves
This is a great table for those that have been dreaming of enjoying a game full of excitement at cheaper rate. It comprises of separable nesting halves with a sleek frame that can make the table great for portable storage.
- Easily compact and foldable
- Great playback mode when there is no playing partner
- Safe storage and mobile
- Level of playing is reliable
- Good for tournament
- No hassle
- Quick setup
- No certain downside with this table
- Wheel Size: 3 inches
- Weight: 140 pounds
- Thickness of the table top: 0.625”
- Legs” 30 inches high
- Surface of the table: 60” x 108”
- Folded: 65.5” x 60” x 24.5”
- Overall: 30” x 61” x 108”
- JOOLA Midsize Compact Table Tennis Table Great for Small Spaces and Apartments – Multi-Use Free Standing Table – Compact Storage Fits in Most Closets – Net Set included – No Assembly Required
Frankly, the top of this table is not only compact but as well known to be one of the best tables for table tennis due to its small spaces. It features high quality surface with components that compete with most expensive and full sized regulation tables. It is of regulation size and as well jus 2/3 in width and length of the ITTF certified tables. So, this is such an excellent way of letting anyone that lives in an apartment make use of a small office or small space of the living room to play table tennis whereby others could not do same.
- High quality with great outlook and excellent performance
- Easy to assemble and storage
- Fantastic midsized table that can secure a very small space
- Comes with two sturdy pairs of fold out legs
- Saves you space
- Good for indoor winter game
- The size is 2/3 of the table standard
- Not ITTF certified
- Assembled dimension: 71” x 30” x 36” which is 2/3 the width f ITTF certified tables
- Weight: 62 pounds
- Designed for durability
- Able to separate into 2 pieces for easy storage and boost practicality
- Strong and big to enhance good bounce for a mini table tennis table
- Has 5/8 thick MDF which allow great and rival play
- Made of 2 halves joined together where the net set is fixed
- Each half can be individually stored or better still use for something like board games
- No assembly is needed but just unfolded the legs of the table and fixes the two table tops prior the beginning of the game.
- Easy to fold up for storage
Without any doubt, the above mentioned table tennis table are very good for anyone that is of low budget or having limited space but interested in table tennis game. Despite that it is not of regulation size, yet the tables can give ample room and superb bounce for rival play among table tennis players.