Window AC units are authentic and very simple to install in the houses. The units also serve as a remedy to keeping room cool as you are avoiding the expensive construction of the central air system. Whenever the summer heat goes down, the window air conditioner units can be simply removed and to be stored. Also, you can make use of the windowsill for other reasons.
What to Consider Before Buying Window AC Units
Window AC units are designed in different sizes with their cooling capacities. This is the reason why it is very important to select the one that is highly suitable to your room. It is very important to check the square footage of your room and compare to the window AC unit you want to fix there. If your room is not cool or hot, you can easily adjust the AC cooler capacity base on that. Other factors that must be put into consideration include:
- Checking of your window because many AC units are designed to suit double-hung windows.
- Consider the energy efficiency because window AC units are rated based on the energy efficiency and the EER (energy efficiency rate) must be between 8 and 11.5 or more) this is very good so as to save electricity.
- Installation of the window AC is carried out by two people because it could be awkward and heavy. You will not want your AC to fall out of the window or on your floor.
- AC can use lots of power hence; remember that the circuit you are connecting with must be put into consideration. The same circuit must not be used for other higher energy appliances.
- To remove window AC unit could be very hard hence except you actually need access to the window or you want to set up a better seal during winter, it is advisable to leave it in place.
Below are the best window AC units you need to consider when next you want to buy your window AC unit.
- Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 5,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls
This type of window AC unit is very perfect for cooling a room that is about 150 square ft. it quickly cool a room during the hot weather and its quiet and gentle operation keeps you cool without disturbing your sleep. Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 5,000 BTU comprises of mechanical rotary controls and top, full-width 2-way air direction control. The washable mesh filter with side, slide-out access reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles for a healthier and more comfortable environment.
- It gives effortless comfort
- The air is clean and cool
- Reliable control
- Very easy to install
- Great price for those on a budget
- Energy Guide Estimated annually energy cost is $41
- Rated as a 11.1 from the EER with standard rate of 10.0
- Small at 41 pounds which is designed for easy installation
- Average longevity is 3 years
- It is quite loud as reviewed by many of its users
- Not Energy Star Certified by the EPA
- Due to the low price, the quality is lacking cooling and quality capacity
- Energy Efficiency ratio (EER): 11.1
- Dimensions: 16” x 15 ¼” x 12”
- Low power start-up
- Quite operation
- Effortless restart
- Mechanical rotary controls
- 2 cool speeds
- 2 fan speeds
- 2 way air direction
- Quick cools of a room of about 150 sq ft with dehumidification of about 1.1 pints per hour
- 5000 BTU mini-compact air conditioner for mounting installation using standard 115V electrical outlet
- LG LW1216ER Window-Mounted AIR Conditioner with remote Control, 12,000 BTU 115V
This LG LW1216WR Window AC unit is perfect for cooling room of about 550 sq ft in measurement. You can cool a lot and save more with this unit’s energy saver function with 24 hours on/off timer and a 12.1 energy efficiency ratio. Due to its classic full-function remote, you can get your cool on from across the room. The LG patented gold fin anti-corrosion coating offers a protective shield hence the unit becomes durable. Additionally, its set up is a cinch with the added kits for installation.
- Fabulous work
- Easy to install
- Use of installation foam sealant that can enhance DIY fixing
- Effortless comfort
- No significant con for now
- 5 years warranty
- Dimensions: 15” x 23.63” x 22.19”
- Weight: 81 lbs
- Power Supply: 115V/60H
- Amps for Cooling: 9.3
- Timer: 24 hours
- Fan Speeds: 3
- Operating Room Size: 550 sq.ft
- Cooling Capacity: 12,000 BTU
- EER: 12.1
- Frigidaire 12,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Compact Air Conditioner with Temperature Sensing Remote Control
This is very suitable for cooling a room with 550 sq.ft. It cools the room faster on the hot days with quiet operation. It has low power start up with conserve energy on operation. It saves you money on electricity. Its effortless temperature sensing remote control let you see, set and keep the room temperature form across the room.
- Very easy to install
- Long lasting
- Strong quality materials
- EER certified which prevent greenhouse gas emissions
- No cons recorded yet
- 2016 Energy Star: 12.0 EER
- 12000 BTU portable AC for window-mounted installation
- Make use of standard 115V electrical outlet
- Quickly cools a room of about 550 sq ft
- Dehumidification of about 3.6 pints hourly
- Clean air ionizer to remove pollen and impurities from the air and as well give relief to people who are allergic
- Fresh air vent and exhaust control helps to remove odors and freshen the air
- Ready-select electronic control panel and full-function temperature-sensing remote control
- Low power start-up and operation conserves energy and saves you money
- Quiet operation
- Effortless temperature control
- Effortless restart automatically
- 8-way comfort control design
Finally, before you go for any window AC unit, you must ensure that you put the above mentioned features into consideration. By this; it will enable you to make the right choice.