Different types of exercises are carried out on reformers so as to promote the strength, balance, length and flexibility. One of the best brands of reformers you will always love to work with is the Pilates. Many Pilates Reformer exercises are related with pulling or pushing of the carriage or hold the carriage steady while the exercise is on as it is pulled by the strings. Before we move further, you need to know what Pilate reformers are all about.
What is Pilates Reformer?
It is a bed-like frame that has a fat platform on top of it which is referred to as carriage. This carriage rolls forth and back on the wheels fixed in the frame. The carriage is connected to one end of the reformer with the aid of a set of springs. These springs give the option of various resistance levels as the carriage pulls or push along the frame. There is shoulder block in the carriage that protects the users from sliding off the end of the reformer as they pull or push the carriage.
One of the best things one needs to know about the Pilates reformer is its versatility. You can exercise yourself on it by lying down, pulling the straps, standing, sitting, perched on the footbar, pushing the footbar, perched on shoulder blocks, with extra equipment, sideways, upside down and all manners of variations. There are lots of reformer exercises even in addition to those for the beginners and professionals. Below are the three best Pilates reformers.
- Stamina AeroPilates Reformer with Cardio Rebounder and Stand
If you are one of the lovers of Pilates, definitely, you will love to go with Stamina AeroPilates Reformer with Cardio Rebounder and Stand. This reformer is designed with an attached rebounder with the ability to function effectively and save much time during workouts. It has ability to tone, lengthen and strengthen your muscles without the need to adding too much on you. This gives you excellent low impact of cardio workout; by this, the Stamina AeroPilates reformer has an edge over other Pilates equipment in the market.
- Stress-free assembly
- Price is highly competitive
- Low impact
- High quality material
- Very heavy to relocate
- Limited resistance
- Dimensions: 55 ½” x 22” x 11 ½”
- Weight: 133 lbs
- Sturdy and stable
- Padded, large and adjustable headrest
- Thickly padded shoulder supports
- Commercially graded rollers
- Pilates Power Gym Pro’ 3-Elevation Mini Reformer Exercise System with 3 Pilates Workout DVDs and the Power Flex Cardio Rebounder
Making use of Pilates Power Gym is indeed the best way to benefit from the workout offer without the need to pay for costly gym membership or private tutor on a reformer. This equipment is very small but designed as in-home version of a Pilates reformer. It make use of both resistance and natural movement of the body to tone your entire muscle groups in lengthy and slow motion which one can easily learn within a short time. This will let you carry out classic movement of Pilate reformer in a very simple way without any form of learning curve.
- Incline feature included. This helps you get resistance consistently and continuously from the machine as you advance
- Portability: It is smaller than other reformers hence, make sit suit small homes and apartments
- Possibility to fast changing form an exercise or resistance to another. This means there is no time wasting as you work out.
- The equipment has been totally assembled hence; one can use it directly when it is out of the packaging box.
- The hidden wheels let the equipment moved with ease hence; there is ability to store it out of the way anytime it is not in use.
- Very easy to learn and use within a short period of time even the novice can do same.
- Some users have reported that the bar section is not stable most especially when using for squats on an incline
- Limited routine
- Heavier users find I hard to balance on the narrow board
- Fully assembled equipment
- An exercise DVD
- A nutrition plan
- An eight week progression chart with racing sheets
- Exercise and conditioning program
- Weider Ultimate Body Works
Are you one of those with limited space and tight budget? Do not worry yourself for being restricted in having your personal home gym all these while. Here comes Weider Ultimate Body Works. It suits your need and has everything new beginners required for the strengthening of their total body as well as toning their muscle for workouts. In order to make use of your body weight, the gym has integrates a sliding adjustable incline bench that has pulley with the bar attachments. There is also a squat stand that helps to expand your options of workout further.
- No need of using a spotter
- Partially assembled
- Takes half an hour or less to complete the whole assembles
- Has unique cable and pulley system boost your options of exercise
- Can fold for easy storage
- Adjustable resistance
- Bench has seven different incline position options
- Offer smooth movement and superb stability
- Big and durable
- Ability to withstand long years of usage without having any issue
- Best value for money in the market
- Glide space is a little bit short
- It is heavy to relocate
- As the machine folds, one will require detachment of few of its parts if you are to keep it under your bed
- Lack an exercise chart hence, you will have to purchase one or check online if you want to go beyond 12 exercises on the box
- Short time of warranty
- Dimensions: 71” x 25 ½” x 49 ½”
- Weight: 72 lbs
- Weight Limit of the User: 250 pounds
- Warranty: 90 days parts and labor warranty
In conclusion, all the above Pilates reformers stated above are en vogue in the market. Before you go for one, try and check out the suitable one that suit your need. All are very good and will surely serve their purpose.