I began to develop my interest in basketball in the early days of my life when my parents fixed a driveway basketball hoop for us (their children). This does not look so special as it was just a very cheap backboard that was mounted on the wall of our garage. It was about eight feet in height but I was so much loved it and highly interested in it. There was something unique about this basketball hoop. It was known to be one of the best investments that my parents would ever make for their children then. Nowadays, most of the neighborhoods will not permit permanent basketball hoops in their compound any longer. Luckily, if you are the type that will not want to miss great fun of shooting hoops in your driveway, the best solution is to get portable basketball goals. There are various types of portable basketball hoops in the market but here are three ideal ones below for your best option.
- Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop
Any family that love the basketball bouncing rhythm as it bounce on their driveway and around the rim, will surely like to get the Lifetime Youth basketball Hoop for their children. This is one of the best ways to make your children one step closer to the perfect game. This hoop brand offer will allow you to play basketball in the manner it is supposed to be played in order to catch fun, play with your friends and family or right in your home. The Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop features a 32” youth impact backboard constructed with strong high density polyethylene providing you with the best performance and the backboard is unbreakable.
- Ideal for youngsters that want to learn basketball better
- It allows the children to have their hours of practice
- It added fun to the sports
- Offer great experience while playing
- Permit practice right at the front of your yard without break
- Backboard has great look
- Easy roller base for strong compact
- User friendly interface
- Some buyers experience leaking from the base so, it is advisable to use sand rather than water
- 32” in height
- Five years of limited warranty
- Telescoping adjustment height ranges from 5.5” – 7.5”
- Fade-resistant graphics
- Nylon net is all-weather
- 3-piece powder coated steel round pole
- Netball base
- Customized youth impact backboard
- Classic Lifetime Youth rim
- Spalding Pro Slam Portable NBA 54” Angled pole Backboard Basketball System (Super Tack 29.5” Basketball, 54”)
Spalding is the kind of brand that do not need much to talk about hence, it is not a surprise that it is recognized as one of the best portable basketball hoop that one must have at one’s yard. It performs an excellent job when it comes to recreational portable basketball system. It is sturdily constructed with adjustable height and strong components. Spalding provides better stuff at cheaper rate. Meanwhile, it offers a strong option for the people that want to make basketball their hobby and have flare for hard lay-up.
For those people that do not want to spend extravagantly on the basketball hoops, the Spalding brand provides premium structure at a mid-range cost. Frankly, it is long lasting and cost effective when compared to the other tempered glass thereby making it much preferred choice than the cheaper replacement.
- Reasonably price
- Very easy to assemble
- Very easy to adjust
- Has adjustable height
- The base is not sturdy when compared to the other choices
- Warranty: 12 months
- 34 gallon base for stability and support
- Angled pole design so as to have better play experience
- 5 ft to 10 ft adjustable height made with steel poll structure
- 54” Polycarbonate backboard construction
- Spalding NBA Hybrid portable basketball System – 60” Acrylic Backboard
One of the leading brands in NBA franchise is Spalding. This brand is very trusted and has been tested all over the world. The Acrylic backboard of Spalding 60” comprises of a strong frame with beefy thick backboard. These are enveloped with aluminum so that it can be suitable for outdoor game. The performance of this portable basketball system is highly satisfactory and always fulfills the need of most athletes and players around. For those that are still searching for a backboard that has very strong quality compared to acrylic, it is advisable to go for a backboard that is not pocket friendly but made with strong amazing quality. This is used commonly in NBA games. It is a tempered glass backboard.
- The backboard of the Acrylic gives a low impact bounce and featuring extensive rigidity
- It has big base that is enough for stability of the system
- Padding boosts the safety of the backboard and enhance ability to withstand very strong shots
- The breakaways prevent the players hand as he dunk
- The screw jack lift system is very easy to operate by both adult and teen
- The rim of the breakaway can sag after extreme heavy dunk
- No warranty
- Round 3 piece pole vibrates so much after encountering strong shots
- The design of the product is based on the rules and dimensions of the official NBA which makes it a bit costly.
- 60” acrylic backboard
- Portable basketball system
- Pro-style breakaway rims with high density steel framing
- Adjustable height via screw jack lift system within the range of 7.5ft and 10ft with unlimited increment
- Poles made in 3 pieces that have 3.5” diameter
- The pole front functions as a good rebounder
- Base is capable of holding 40 gallons that can be filled with either water or sand to offer highest stability.
In conclusion, it is very important to go through the three products of portable basketball hoop stated above and check one after the other to find out the one that best serve its purpose to your family. All of them are good but make sure you put your compound space into consideration before you finally venture into any of them.